This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Sample Project

Mar 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Hi, I´ve created an Sample Project.

Maybe you want to put it here on the site, I think it would help others.

Download is here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-3312079/XNACC_Test.zip.html

It adds a sample Command to the Console and changes the FadeColor and Image to make it more usable. The rest is just standard implementation. The InputManager I wrote for this is not very god, but it works...

Great Console anyway, the best I found for XNA!

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

File does not exist on our server!

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Ah seems like they deleted the file...

I uploaded it on another host: http://www.loaditup.de/688657-6qe7cczf5f.html

Maybe the Developers could host it for me? An example project is the easiest way to show how things work, in my opinion...

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Hey there.  I have copied the provided archive and it is available at: http://www.jrtwine.com/code/XNACC_Test.zip.

Please LMK if you make any updates, and I will update the archive on the site.

May 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
There seems to be some parts missing? I re-added CommandConsoleSharedTypes to mine, but it also says something about a spaceshootertutorial folder that I can't seem to find?

I do appreciate what's been given so far though, as it is still better than nothing.
May 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Wow, its a long time ago that I made this sample.

I currently have no XNA on may Machine, so I can't test it out, but I'm pretty sure, that the example was self contained and had definitely no reference to a "spaceshootertutorial". I even can't find that in the source.

Maybe you mixed it up with your own code? Sometime even VisualStudio has some weird bugs... Maybe you could post the exact error message that the sample produce? Preferable in a clean Solution with no other code around.
May 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Edited May 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick response, simsmaster!

After adding in CommandConsoleSharedTypes myself, since that couldn't be found, it says all this when I build: (directories shortened)
------ Rebuild All started: Project: CommandConsoleSharedTypes, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\ .... \XNACC_Test\XNACC_Test\SharedTypes\CommandConsoleBaseSharedTypes.cs(7,1): warning CS1587: XML comment is not placed on a valid language element

Compile complete -- 0 errors, 1 warnings
CommandConsoleSharedTypes -> C:\ ..... \XNACC_Test\XNACC_Test\SpaceShooterTutorial\Base Classes\CommandConsoleSharedTypes.dll
------ Rebuild All started: Project: XNACC_Test, Configuration: Debug x86 ------
Building Console.spritefont -> C:\ .... \XNACC_Test\XNACC_Test\XNACC_Test\bin\x86\Debug\Content\Console.xnb
XNACC_Test -> C:\ .... \XNACC_Test\XNACC_Test\XNACC_Test\bin\x86\Debug\XNACC_Test.exe
========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
It only gives some warnings, but since when I ran it the screen was just all blue, I thought maybe the SpaceShooterTutorial thing had something to do with it. If not, then nevermind that thought.

Edit: Huh, looking in the folder now, the SpaceShooterTutorial stuff now exists. With some testing, it seems it's something generated by building the default CommandConsoleSharedTypes provided here?
May 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM
You need to press a key to activate the console :) In the default state the console is hidden (Active = false).

According to the input code you need to press the Key "OemTilde", I think that is (at least on a german keyboard) the key just below Esc, it produces "^" and "°". Could be some other key on a other keyboard layout, though... Maybe it's the easiest way just to change it in the code to a more common key like "c" or something like that.
May 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Ah, of course!

Thanks for the help, simsmaster. Your replies here and your sample are a big help.
May 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM
FYI, the SpaceShooterTutorial references are actually in the CommandConsoleSharedTypes project's Build\Output

Cheers for the sample simsmaster, was helpful ;)